Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 72

I guess I’m stuck.

I’ve lost around 14 pounds now and I can tell in the mirror that I’ve gotten some muscle back.  I’m not sure how much I’ve lost.  Other than knowing I’m down a pants size and by how much my belt is overlapping itself, I’m sure my measurements will tell the tale when it’s over.

However, I don’t think it is ever going to be over.  I’m still deciding what comes after day 90.  Do I immediately begin round 2? Do I take a little break and go back to running and regular weights? A combo?  Regardless, it looks like I’m stuck keeping up with this routine in some way and here is why…People are noticing!

I wondered how long it would take for people to begin asking what I’m doing or saying that I look different.  At church this past weekend, a fellow who I regard as being one of the more fit people I know asked me (me? Yes, me!) what I’ve been doing.  It was like Eric Clapton wondering where I learned to play guitar.  Other folks have said some things also.  Here is the kicker; I’ve become somewhat of a walking advertisement.  When I tell people that I’ve been doing P90X, they always know someone else that did it and are thinking about trying it for themselves.

So, I guess now I have to keep it up and not only finish strong, but maintain it going forward.  The good thing is that the comments also work as encouragement.  I did an extra workout yesterday because of the adrenalin.  It feels good to have people notice your efforts.  I’m not sure what I will do on day 91, but there will be a day 91 and 92 and 93 and 94….

No comments:

Post a Comment