Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 10


I’m full.

According to the diet plan, I could eat 3000 calories per day and still see results on this plan.  I’ve mentioned that I’m trying to keep my calories at around 2400.

Here’s my problem.  I can hardly break 2000!

Hard to believe?  I think so, too.  However, the whole idea behind the diet plan is content over quantity.

Here is what I ate today.

Breakfast: 4 egg omelet and 4 pieces of bacon

Lunch: Chicken Wrap with ranch and cheese, chips, and chocolate mousse.

Dinner: 2 pieces of chicken parmesan with salad

Snack: Cheese sticks and a candy bar.

Sounds like a good amount of food, right? Especially if you ate 2 orders of chicken Parmesan for dinner.  You can see why I’m full, but can you see how I’ve lost weight?  (btw…I’ve lost 3 lbs. this week!)


(actual feet not shown)




Let me describe my day in a different way.

Breakfast:
Egg Beater Omlet: ~4 eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions
Bacon: 4 pieces of turkey bacon.

Lunch:
Chicken Wrap: Multi-grain wrap, grilled fajita chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, fat free ranch, fat free mozzarella
Carrot Chips
Light Mousse Cup

Dinner:
Chicken Parmesan: 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pasta sauce, salad with vinaigrette dressing

Snacks:
2 Light Cheese sticks
Protein Bar

See a difference?  The amounts don’t change, but the content does.  Quality over quantity.  I had a candy bar, but it was really a protein bar.  I had a good size omelet, but it was egg beaters. I ate a lot for dinner, but the chicken wasn’t fried or breaded. I commented to my wife at dinner that I couldn’t tell the difference.  I actually like turkey bacon almost better than regular bacon.  Egg beaters? If I didn’t know, I wouldn’t know.  The list goes on and on.









It’s amazing how we are conditioned to eat.  I ate Jack in the Box over the weekend. Well, I didn’t eat Jack himself. I ate at his restaurant. I love me some JITB!  The tacos are worth a midnight drive by themselves.  This day I had a Fajita Pita.  I didn’t get fries with it and the guy behind the counter looked at me like I had 4 heads.  “You don’t want fries with that?” 

Nope. I’m good.



No comments:

Post a Comment